Learn How to Install a Ring Doorbell without an existing Doorbell. Try this now
Don’t have a Existing doorbell wiring? No need to worry!
Few customers may have questions on how to install a Ring Doorbell without an existing doorbell wiring. With Ring new generation of devices, you can enjoy the convenience and security that a smart doorbell brings without any existing doorbell wiring. To Install a Ring Doorbell without an existing Doorbell, Level the base and anchor it, mark properly and tighten screws before adding face-plate and then you add it to wifi via Ring App. Basically it is process to install a Ring doorbell for the first time and with this guide you can easily understand the process and learn how to install a ring doorbell. The latest Ring Doorbells can be set up without existing wiring using the Indoor power adapter that would hook up to the power source.
Therefore, the first thing that Ring suggests to you is that you need to fully charge the battery. Now that you know power is okay after charging your ring doorbell battery, you can proceed to setup ring video doorbell. Follow the steps given below to see, how to install a ring doorbell without an existing doorbell:
Before you install your doorbell, make sure that you download the app and set up your Ring doorbell account first.
Steps to Install a Ring Doorbell without an existing Doorbell: Basic Installation
1. Before you begin it is very important to ensure the proper fixation or installation of doorbell on the wall , door etc. “Insert the level tool”You will need to do this before adding a face plate. The Level tool is inserted in the Install tools box. It is a small orange stripe containing fluid that can help you properly align the doorbell for good view.
2. Set Your Ring doorbell position: This is the second step and very important, to cover the right view areas with video doorbell adjust your device accordingly. It is recommended that the device should be about 4 feet off the ground. With video doorbells you also need to select the view the camera should pick so select the position accordingly. Once it is positioned, make sure the level tool should have the bubble in the exact center position marked on the tool itself.
3. Mark the mounting hole: This step is only required when you are installing your ring video doorbell on plaster, brick or concrete. For this kind of installation, you have to use the provided bit to drill holes in your wall. Then insert the provided anchor into the hole.
4. Install Ring doorbell: Position your ring doorbell and tighten the screws in the wall to secure the doorbell unit.
5. Put a face plate on the ring video doorbell: Insert the top of the face plate at an angle and place it in the slot until it clicks. Make sure you remove the first level equipment.
6. Tighten the screws: Use the screwdriver and star-shaped security screw provided to tighten the faceplate into place.
7. Plug the Ring chime into a power outlet in the house
8. Plug the indoor power adapter connected to your Ring doorbell camera into a power outlet to power on the doorbell.
(Tip: Click for Ring doorbell support for setup: Push the ring doorbell button to start pairing with the app on your cell phone or tablet. Be sure to configure and adjust settings, like the motion sensor range setting in the Ring Doorbell app to meet your needs.)
How to install a ring doorbell without an existing doorbell: Pro & 2
Now, you know thr process to set up doorbell and lets see how to install a ring doorbell without an existing doorbell. Answer will Indoor power adapters,Yes, your can use a Ring indoor power adapter to bypass wiring related issues for your doorbell. Buy the genuine Ring adapter only and make sure to check the power output compatible with your Doorbell. The after market Ring Video Doorbell Pro Plug-in Adapter is also perfect for the Ring doorbells pro because it does not include a battery but instead relies on a wired connection, reducing your battery expense and hassle to charge or replace batteries time and again. This plug-in adapters can be used to Install a Ring Doorbell 2, Ring Doorbell 3, Ring Doorbell 3 + are the same, because of the identical voltage requirement (8-24 V AC). This Ring Video Doorbell Plug-in Adapter also help you to get rid of the hassles involved with installing a new transformer, chime-box, and wiring the whole system. Transformer is not only an expensive option to install a ring doorbell without existing wiring but also time consuming process and it also makes you dependent on external help. most of us would end up hiring a professional to install a transformer and take care of the wiring.
Use this adapter to install a ring doorbell without existing doorbell or wiring. This Adapter works with Video Doorbell Wired, Video Doorbell – 2020 Release, Video Doorbell, Video Doorbell 2, Video Doorbell 3, Video Doorbell 3 Plus, Video Doorbell 4, Video Doorbell Pro, and Video Doorbell Pro 2.
Install a Ring Doorbell Using an Indoor Power Adapter
This Ring Video Doorbell Plug-in Adapter works for Ring Doorbell 2, Ring Doorbell 3, and Ring Doorbell 3 and plus 4 series, because they are similar in their voltage requirements. Now while trying to install the Ring Video Doorbell using the indoor power adapter, it is possible that the adapter wires aren’t long enough to reach the power outlet in your house. You can use a power cord extension.
- For Video Doorbell 2, Video Doorbell 3, Video Doorbell 3 Plus and Video Doorbell 4, insert the doorbell’s rechargeable, Quick Release Battery Pack. Plug-in Adapter will keep the battery charged inside the doorbell.
- So just plug into standard indoor power outlet only and run the cable to your Doorbell. This way you can see it is easy to learn on how to install a ring doorbell without an existing doorbell
Ring doorbell setup guide
Once you have successfully installed the Ring doorbell, you can proceed with the Ring doorbell setup now. However if you experience any issues on how to install a ring doorbell without an existing doorbell, please speak with Ring doorbell support for further assistance.