How to reset ring camera to factory settings ?: Is Here
At times, there can be a Ring camera functionality issue which may force you to reset ring camera or go for Ring camera factory reset. The more important thing is to know about the process to Reset Ring camera and also to really know when to Reset Ring camera to factory settings, to resolve issues. Please make sure you have done the basic troubleshooting before you start looking to Reset Ring camera or try the factory reset, as the issue may not be with the camera software but with other external factors like network, router and power. You can Reset Ring Camera to its factory default state, if it’s not working properly and you’ve tried all available troubleshooting options and determined the issue is with camera itself. Also it is recommended to reset ring camera if you planned for selling it or giving it to someone else to use, or going to set it up on a different network now. This guide on how to reset Ring camera will take you through that process. We will see here categorically with series to devices and learn how to reset Ring camera to factory settings. There is a button on every Ring device to reset Ring camera and device. You can to locate and hold it for specific time limit to complete reset.
When you Reset Ring camera to its factory settings, it will erase all its saved settings and preferences. Talk to support if you are not sure if the issue is with camera or it is due to external device factor.
How to Reset Ring Spotlight Floodlight Cam
Now If you are facing a functionality issue and looking to reset Ring spotlight floodlight cameras, it is very easy to perform the factory reset or ring cameras reset on these variants. If your camera has issue connecting to wifi or showing performance lag, features not working Ring camera reset can help to remove glitches. If you are ready to loose all your custom settings and preference lets see the steps to perform the reset.
1: First step when you begin ring camera factory reset, make sure the device is connected to power supply or the battery is charged as system requires that power to efficiently perform reset and reconnect process.
2: Now you need to press and hold the reset button, located on the top of the camera for 30 seconds. As shown in the picture below hold the button for minimum 30 sec.
3: Now after 30 seconds have completed release the button and you will see the status light located at the bottom will flash a few times indicating the camera is restarting, you need to wait for few seconds.
4: The camera will reboot and turn back on and to its factory default settings. The camera is now like a new one after reset to factory defaults. Now to set it up again, you can use the Ring app to reconnect it to your WiFi network. Make sure your Ring app is updated one or the latest version
If you are experiencing any issues with this camera setup after having performed the Ring camera factory reset, or trouble performing the Ring camera reset, please follow the Ring troubleshooting guide here for setup or speak with a Ring camera support representative at +1 530-455-9395
How to Reset Ring camera : Stick Up Camera factory reset
Ring stickup camera factory reset can also be performed using the reset button located on the bottom. In 1st generation cameras it was called set up mode and the button image is little different in both camera types or generations. Now if you are ready to reset Ring stick up camera after determining that the issue is with the camera itself, follow the below instructions. Keep thee Ring app open on your phone or tablet to reconnect with your network after reset.
1. We need to make sure the camera is powered up or the battery is charged. It is better to fully charge the device as it will go through the setup process after reset and needs power backup.
2. Now the device powered up, you need to press and hold the reset button on the back of the camera for 15 seconds. As shown in the picture below there is an orange button on the back of the camera,which is the reset button3. After 15 sec, release the button. The status light located on the back will flash a few times indicating the camera is restarting. This light will blink slowly compared to the charging blink, indicating it is going to setup mode after completing the reset.
4. The Ring camera reset to factory defaults completes. Now you are good to set it up again and you’ll have to use the Ring app to reconnect it to your WiFi network.
For new cameras: Press and release the orange button on the back of your Stick Up Cam. When there is a blinking white light on the back of your Stick Up Cam, tap “Continue” in your Ring app. Stick Up Cam displays a slightly different light pattern when it’s charging than when it’s in Setup mode. When charging it will blink rapidly and in setup mode it blinks slowly.
There can be an issue with the camera setup or reconnect after camera malfunction. If your Stick up Camera doesn’t go into Setup mode, you can try the following steps to resolve issue:
- Press the orange button firmly and release it without holding it down. This enables stickup camera setup mode.If it doesn’t work you will need to perform the hard Ring camera reset as mentioned in the process above or you can try the step below. It is also recommended to ensure proper power supply if the light wont turn on, you should always try a different power outlet. It sounds dumb, but works at times, because if the camera is not getting enough power supply it simply wont work.
- Press and hold orange button for 20 seconds and the status led would blink slowly and wait a minute for camera to reboot properly and then press and release the orange button and it should go to setup mode. For any kind of issues here with ring camera reset , or want to diagnose the issues properly, please talk to Ring phone support at +1 530-455-9395 Mon- Fri.
What is Ring stickup camera Setup Mode? Try Ring camera reset if setup mode fails.
When your Ring device is in setup mode, it actaully broadcasts a temporary wireless network that you need to use to establish connectivity. During the Ring device setup process, the Ring app will connect to this wifi network to help your Ring device to connect to your home wifi network, it is basically a process before ring device connects with home/office wifi. And once, your Ring product has been set up in the Ring app, it will stop broadcasting this wifi network, and stay connected to your home network. Check the detail guide when Ring not connecting to wifi here.
How to Reset Ring Doorbell to factory default
Ring doorbell issues can show up at times and you may experience a malfunction or connectivity issue with your Ring Doorbell, such as the doorbell not connecting to Wi-Fi properly or going offline randomly. You may also come across problem with a special feature, such as alarm, notifications, night vision, picture quality etc . In these kind of cases, it is okay to think about ring doorbell reset. As resetting the device may fix the issue which are due to device internal software glitches.
Lets see how Ring Doorbell factory reset works
- To perform the Ring doorbell factory reset, please locate the orange button located physically on the back of the doorbell.
- Now you need to press and hold the orange button for more than 15 seconds.
- Now Release the button after 15 seconds and wait for the lights to blink and turn back on and the hard reset should be completed.
Speak to support if you need help with your Ring device